Looking back, I should have received some kind of award for this feat of determination! In 1981, aged 14, I watched every game of Steve Davis’ first World Championship on a black and white Sinclair Microvision with a 1 inch screen, under the covers of my bed so my mother couldn’t hear me or see the Tv’s light reflections, whilst trying to keep the ariel in one place that would receive a picture and simultaneously trying to figure out which colour Steve was on!!
We’re aware that as great as the original CuePads look, people do like to match their accessories when possible and often with colours a tad more flamboyant than black! Sooo, we’ve just ordered in a shed load of brand new leather off-cuts in a plethora of different colours! Read on..
The CuePad was born out of frustration at the lack of good quality, good looking cleaning pads for snooker and pool cues. The remit was simple:
1. Loosen the dirt on the cue shaft, allowing it to be easily wiped off with a dry cloth or duster.
2. Do NOT sand down and remove the wood from my cue shaft like sandpaper.
3. Fit in a cue case without it’s own dedicated space and not damage my cue in transit.
4. Last for years.. I don’t want to have to purchase these every few weeks!
5. Look good! OK, I’m a little anal but snooker/pool accessories don’t have to look cheap and nasty.
6. Feel good and work well! Read on..